SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR THE SUPPLY CHAIN
ISO 28000:2007 species the requirements for a security management system, including those aspects critical to security assurance of the supply chain. Security management is linked to many other aspects of business management. Aspects include all activities controlled or influenced by organizations that impact on supply chain security. These other aspects should be considered directly, where and when they have an impact on security management, including transporting these goods along the supply chain.
ISO 28000:2007 is applicable to all sizes of organizations, from small to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the production or supply chain that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve a security management system;
- assure conformance with stated security management policy;
- demonstrate such conformance to others;
- seek certification/registration of its security management system by an Accredited third party Certification Body; or
- make a self-determination and self-declaration of conformance with ISO 28000:2007.
There are legislative and regulatory codes that address some of the requirements in ISO 28000:2007.
It is not the intention of ISO 28000:2007 to require duplicative demonstration of conformance.
Organizations that choose third party certification can further demonstrate that they are contributing significantly to supply chain security.
“We provide our customers with assurance that their management systems are constantly improved and assist them in achieving their declared objectives”
Our certification body takes pride in its distinctive approach, which expresses the slogan “Reliable Certifications” in our logo. The meaning of this statement is that we extend a helping hand willingly to our current and potential customers.
Quality Certifications International employees only pragmatic auditors with an empathic approach. They are carefully selected because of their experience in the industry that they have to audit. This results in a practical and ‘to the point’ audit conducted in an atmosphere of mutual understanding. We strongly believe that the audit should bring tangible benefits to the organization, resulting in the improvement of management system.
“We are addressing the requirements of the below-highlighted industry sectors & more for Management System Certification”
- Oil & Gas
- Food Sector
- Transport Services
- Customer Satisfaction
We can boast of highly satisfied customers across a broad range of certificates issued. A friendly approach and aversion to bureaucracy have led to unprecedented growth through satisfied customers of Quality Certifications International.
The certification process involves the following steps:
- application for certification;
- acceptance of Quality Certifications International offer;
- performance of a preliminary audit (optional);
- performance of a certification audit (in two stages);
- management of any identified deficiencies;
- deliberation by the Quality Certifications International;
- surveillance audits.